GIVT AG attaches particular importance to respecting the privacy of the personal data processed within business operations.
We ensure the security of your data using adequate technological solutions, and any personal data entered into the form is transferred via a secure encryption SSL protocol.
In this document, you will learn how we use and process your personal data for the purpose of our business. We also present important information about Cookies and similar technologies we use.
Personal data is collected, transmitted and stored in accordance with the generally applicable laws in Switzerland or with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) – hereinafter referred to as the Regulation. The Regulation will apply to your data if you live in one of the member states of the European Union or in a state belonging to the European Economic Area (Island, Norway, Lichtenstein; “EEA”).
Pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of the Regulation, please be informed that:
- The controller of your data is GIVT AG with its registered office in Zug, at 19 Dammstrasse, CH-6300 Zug, Switzerland, givt.com (hereinafter referred to as “we”).
- We have appointed a Data Protection Officer, i.e. a person whom you can contact in any matters related to the processing of your personal data.
- Contact details of the Data Protection Officer for Switzerland: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pursuant to the Regulation, in connection to providing services from Switzerland to the UE or the EEA, we have appointed a representative whom you can contact if you live on the territory of the EU or the EEA.
- Contact details of the representative for the EU or the EEA: GIVT Sp. z o.o., ul. Olkuska 7, 02-604, Warsaw, Poland, email address: EUdpo@givt.com.
- If your personal data previously collected for the purposes or verification and performance of the agreement or on the basis of the granted marketing consent were processed by GIVT Sp. z o.o. and then due to the division of functions between the companies in the GIVT group have been transferred as general rights and obligations belonging to GIVT Sp. z o.o. with its registered office in Warsaw, ul. Olkuska 7, 02-604 Warsaw, Poland, as regards its customers, to GIVT AG with its registered office in Zug, at 19 Dammstrasse, CH-6300 Zug, Switzerland, the Controller of your personal data is GIVT AG and it processes your personal data belonging to the following categories: contact data, identification data, data related to the flight.
- We will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- for the purpose of concluding and performing an agreement – Article 6(1)(b) of the Regulation, i.e. to verify your application, and in the case of a positive decision, to conclude and perform the agreement; providing personal data is voluntary, however, your failure to provide the same will render the conclusion of the agreement impossible;
- for the purpose of our legitimate interest – Article 6(1)(f) of the Regulation, i.e. to pursue claims, detect frauds, and for direct marketing of our own and third-party products on the basis of profiling;
- for the purposes necessary to fulfil our legal obligations – Article 6(1)(c) of the Regulation, e.g. for financial and tax settlements;
- for marketing purposes after the performance of the agreement based on the consent given – Article 6(1)(a) of the Regulation.;
- You can withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the processing of data that took place before the withdrawal. In order to withdraw your consent, you can send the relevant information to email@example.com or send your statement to the address of the data controller.
- Recipients of your personal data may be entities working with us, such as a law firms, as well as entities processing data on our behalf (e.g. in terms of IT support, operational support, marketing and analytical services, including preference polls).
- We will also transmit your data to the airlines from which claims will be pursued, and to appeal bodies (such as the NEBs, i.e. national executive bodies, mentioned in EC Regulation 261/2004, and ADRs) for the purpose of proceedings. And if a claim is pursued in court, also to the competent court.
- Your data will be processed during the term of the agreement and until the claims thereunder expire in accordance with the statute of limitations. If consent has been given to marketing activities after the term of the agreement, your data will be processed until such consent is withdrawn.
- Depending on the location of the registered office of the airline with which you have concluded the air transport agreement, your data can be transferred to third countries, i.e. countries outside the European Union and the European Economic Area, and in particular to: the United States of America, Canada, Turkey and Russia. Personal data will be transferred only for the purpose of exhausting the complaint procedure with the air carrier and conducting appeal proceedings before the competent authority, if any, and in the case of conducting court proceedings before the competent court and an enforcement authority.
Additionally, as far as the services performed by the processors working with us are concerned (e.g. services related to IT, new technologies, communication and analytics), personal data may be transferred to the United States of America.
Data may be transferred to:
- pursuant to Article 45(1) and 45(3) of the Regulation, to countries for which a decision on an adequate level of protection has been issued by the European Commission;
- pursuant to Article 46(2)(c) of the Regulation, to countries for which no decision on an adequate level of protection has been issued, but an adequate level of security is provided based on standard contractual clauses;
- pursuant to Article 49(1)(b) of the Regulation, to countries for which no decision on an adequate level of protection has been issued.
At any time, you have the right to request further information about the transfer of data to third countries and to obtain copies of relevant safeguards.
- You have the right to access your data and the right to demand rectification, deletion or restriction of processing and to oppose to the processing of your data if they are processed on the basis of the legitimate interest of the Controller. You also have the right to data portability, i.e. to receive the personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
- In order to exercise your rights, please contact the data controller to the address indicated in sections 1 and 3 above or the representative to the address indicated in section 5 above.
- Should you believe that our method of processing of your personal data violates your applicable law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent personal data protection authority.
Who is responsible for the processing of data related to the use of the website givt.com?
Data processing is controlled by GIVT AG with its registered office in Zug, Dammstrasse 19, CH-6300 Zug, Switzerland.
Our website collects the following data:
- when you use our website, we collect in particular: IP address, URL address, information about site visits, about behaviour, clicks, files opened, date and time of access to our website, your operating system, your browser, the name of your internet service provider;
- when submitting an application via the claim form, we collect your: name, surname, contact details, including e-mail address and telephone number, as well as flight number and date;
- if you contact us via social media, we collect such information as, in particular, your name and surname, contact details, including e-mail address and phone number, flight number and date, photos of the flight ticket, as well as other documents and personal data you have provided through social media.
How do we collect your data?
- by using Cookies or analytical and research tools including; Hotjar, Google Analytics, Facebook;
- from the form provided on our website;
- from notifications and messages available on social networks.
What do we use your data for?
- for the conclusion of a contract or for the performance of a contract between us;
- to process your requests or inquiries;
- for marketing activities that use profiling, i.e. for sending you notifications about products and services;
- for analytical purposes, to improve the quality of the website;
- for the purposes of developing, repairing or testing various functionalities of the website.
Your data may also be processed on our behalf by our partners for the following purposes:
- completion of our service and the possibility of contacting you;
- transfer of the awarded compensation;
- market analyses and collecting opinions;
- marketing based on profiling.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files created and sent automatically by the websites you visit. The information contained in these files is saved on your computer (or another end device, such as a tablet or smartphone) and can only be used by the website from which it was sent.
- measure the effectiveness of marketing activities conducted for our company;
In case you do not wish for your website activity to be tracked and measured by Hotjar, please use the following link: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out. After using this function you will clear out the Cookies in your browser but when you will return to our website, Hotjar monitoring will restart.
- remember whether you have given us consent to display certain content in the future;
- adapt our website to devices and browsers.
What kind of “Cookies” do we use?
We use two types of Cookies – session and permanent Cookies. The former are temporary Cookies and remain on your device until you leave the website or close your browser. Cookies remain on your device for a specified period of time or until you manually delete them (how long a cookie will remain on your device depends on the “lifetime“ of the cookie and the settings of your web browser).
How can I opt out from Cookies?
Most browsers, both on computers and smartphones, accept Cookies by default. You can change this at any time in your browsers settings. However, please be advised that the inability to save/read Cookies by our website may result in an incorrect display of the site in the browser.
We also use other technologies similar to Cookies, such as web beacons called pixels. These are small graphic files downloaded by your computer or mobile device after opening a website, via advertising, e-mails or a mobile application. We use them to memorize your preferences, as well as for marketing purposes.
General rules for safe use of the internet
- You should have an antivirus software and firewall installed and running on your computer, tablet or phone (hereinafter referred to as the device);
- Remember to have only legitimate software installed on your device;
- Never log in to websites where you provide your data or confidential information using unsecured Wi-Fi networks;
- Do not install unknown programs received via email or downloaded from suspicious websites;
- Never reply to emails in which senders ask you to disclose confidential information;
- Do not save confidential data anywhere, especially in files on your computer.
General rules for the safe use of the GIVT.com website
- In order to use the GIVT.com website, we recommend that you first install the latest updates to your web browser, as they will protect you against detected and potential dangers;
- Make sure that the browser you use has an active Cookies support, so that there are no disruptions in the use of the site.