Compensation for delayed/cancelled flights with Wizz Air
Conditions for paying compensation by airlines
If your Wizz Air flight is disrupted causing delays and / or cancellation, you may be entitled to compensation and in some cases to a refund of the costs caused by the flight disruption. The amount you can claim is based on distance:
- 250€ for flights of or under 1,500km
- 400€ for flights between 1,500km and 3,500km
- 600€ for flights of more than 3,500km
- The amounts listed above will be reduced by 50% if you are offered a seat in a new flight that arrives within 2, 3, or 4 hours of the initial arrival time, respectively.
Cancelled or delayed flight with Wizz Air?Claim your flight now
If your flight is delayed, you are entitled to:
- Refreshment, meals, and two telephone calls for flights of or under 1,500km and delays of 2 hours or more
- Refreshment, meals, and two telephone calls for flights between 1,500km and 3,500km and delays of 3 hours or more
- Refreshment, meals, and two telephone calls for flights of more than 3,500km and delays of 4 hours or more
- Delays of 5+ hours: you will be refunded the flight fare, plus 20% of the fare value as credit for other Wizz Air flights
Compensation is not applicable if you are informed by Wizz Air about flight changes or cancellations prior to departure. Moreover, compensation is not available if flight disruption is caused by extraordinary circumstances.
Documents needed to claim compensation
To claim compensation, you will need to have a copy of your ticket or booking confirmation, booking reference number, and boarding pass where applicable.
Baku, Brussels, Sarajevo, Burgas, Sofia, Larnaca, Bordeaux, Nice, Kutaisi, Berlin,
Dortmund, Frankfurt, Hanover, Athens, Corfu, Heraklion, Rhodes, Thessaloniki,
Zakynthos, Reykjavik, Eilat, Tel Aviv, Alghero, Bari, Bologna, Catania,
Milan, Naples, Rome, Astana, Pristina, Skopje, Malta, Podgorica, Agadir,
Eindhoven, Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger, Warsaw, Faro, Lisbon, Porto, Tirgu Mures,
Moscow, St Petersburg, Alicante, Barcelona, Fuerteventura, Ibiza, Madrid,
Malaga, Palma, Tenerife, Gothenburg, Malmo, Stockholm, Basel, Kiev, Dubai,
Birmingham, Doncaster, Glasgow, Liverpool, London.|
Split, Larnaca, Kutaisi, Cologne, Dortmund, Athens, Reykjavik, Tel Aviv,
Alghero, Bari, Bologna, Catania, Milan, Naples, Rome, Malta, Podgorica,
Eindhoven, Bergen, Oslo, Stavanger, Faro, Lisbon, Porto, Barcelona,
Fuerteventura, Malaga, Tenerife, Malmo, Stockholm, Kiev, Kharkiv, Lviv,
Dubai, Bristol, Doncaster, Glasgow, Liverpool, London.
- Carry-on luggage: Free allowance of one item measuring no more than 40 x 30 x 20 cm / Passengers who have paid for Wizz Priority services are entitled to an additional carry-on item measuring no more than 55 x 40 x 23 cm. Maximum weight is 10kg.
- Checked luggage: Passengers can check in up to 3 bags measuring no more than 149 x 119 x 171 cm each, but checked luggage incurs extra fees depending on the item’s weight. Different rates apply to 10kg, 20kg, and 30kg checked in bags.
- Excess luggage: Passengers can carry a maximum of 6 items of luggage, although anything over 3 bags will be considered excess luggage and charged accordingly. Sports equipment can be checked in after paying the relevant fee. You can find a list of luggage fees here.
Wizz Air General Information
About Wizz Air
Wizz Air is a Hungarian budget airline that started operations in 2004. The airline’s head office is located in Budapest, which is also Wizz Air’s largest hub. Wizz Air is the largest budget airline in Central and Eastern Europe.
Wizz Air fleet
In 2019, Wizz Air had a fleet of 106 planes, which served the airline’s 141 destinations. The fleet mostly consists of Airbus 320-200 and Airbus 321-200 aircrafts.
International awards and prizes
Wizz Air has been awarded or been nominated for several prizes, including Value Airline of the Year, Highest 7-Star Safety Rating, Innovation of the Year, European Airline Of The Year, and World’s Leading New Airline.
GIVT can help you claim compensation quickly and easily if you’ve experienced delays and cancellations when flying with Wizz Air.