Compensation for delayed/cancelled Thomson flights
Conditions for paying compensation by airlines
If your Thomson flight is delayed, cancelled, or you are denied boarding due to overbooking, you may be entitled to the following compensation:
- 250€ for flights of or under 1,500km
- 400€ for flights within the EU between 1,500km and 3,500km (and all flights>1500km inside EU)
- 600€ for flights of more than 3,500km.
If your flight is delayed for less than 3 hours, Thomson considers that the situation is governed by the Denied Boarding Regulations EC261/200 and does not offer any compensation. However, if your flight is delayed for 3 hours or more, the Denied Boarding Regulations EC261/200 come into effect and you’ll be able to claim compensation.
You should also bear in mind that Thomson operates flights through several airlines, but you can only claim compensation if the delayed flight was operated directly by TUI and the flight number began with “TOM”.
Documents needed to claim compensation
You will need to type in your booking reference, affected flight number, departure date and airport, arrival airport, and personal details like your name, address, and phone number. Compensation for successful claims is usually paid out by cheque within 28 days.
|London Gatwick||Agadir, Alicante, Boa Vista, Cancun, Enfidha, Fuerteventura, Funchal, Gran Canaria, Hurghada, La Palma, Lanzarote, Liberia, Malaga, Malta, Marrakech, Marsa Alam, Mauritius, Montego Bay, Paphos, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, Sal, St Lucia, Tenerife.|
|Manchester||Agadir, Alicante, Boa Vista, Cancun, Enfidha, Fuerteventura, Funchal, Gran Canaria, Hurghada, La Palma, Lanzarote, Malaga, Malta, Marrakech, Montego Bay, Pahos, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, Sal, Tenerife.|
|Birmingham||Alicante, Boa Vista, Cancun, Enfidha, Fuerteventura, Funchal, Gran Canaria, Hurghada, Lanzarote, Malaga, Montego Bay, Paphos, Sal, Tenerife.|
- Carry-on luggage: Free allowance of one item per passenger measuring no more than 55 x 40 x 20 cm / Maximum weight is 5kg, although a higher carry on weight allowance of 7kg applies to some destinations.
- Checked luggage: One item measuring no more than 40 x 30 x 20 cm / Maximum weight is 15kg for most routes, although a higher weight allowance of 20kg applies to some destinations. Checked luggage qualifies as a travel extra and is paid in addition to the flight fare.
- If your flight is part of a package holiday and are travelling with infants under 2 years old, you’ll have an additional 10kg luggage allowance per infant.
- Large items and sports equipment need to be pre-booked 2 months in advance and are checked it at an extra charge.
- Excess luggage is charged at £13/kg for short haul flights / £15/kg for medium-haul flights / £18/kg for long-haul flights.
Thomson General Information
Thomson (also called Thomsonfly) was a UK airline founded in 2004 and renamed as Thomson Airlines in 2008, after merging with First Choice Holidays. Later on, the airline became known as TUI UK and became the world’s largest charter airline and one of the top 3 largest charter airlines in the UK.
In 2018, Thomson had a fleet of 57 aircraft and had an additional 22 planes on order. Most Thomson planes are Boeing 737-800.
International awards and prizes
Before being renamed as TUI UK, Thomson received several awards, including Best Charter Airline, Best Airline of 2004, Skytrax Best Leisure Airline, and Most Punctual Charter Airline.
Claiming compensation for delayed or cancelled flights does not have to be complicated. At GIVT, we can help you get the compensation you deserve easily and quickly.